Do you know how to clean a bathroom to the point that it is so spic and span that you don’t even want to use it? My bathroom checklist is going to get your bathroom so clean that you will want to lock the door and not let the kids in the bathroom! Out of all the things in the home to clean, the bathroom is one place that I don’t mind cleaning. There is generally less clutter and it does not get as dirty like the kitchen. Although I clean the kitchen, it gets dirty so quickly from cooking and the kids bringing toys and who knows what else in the kitchen. The bathroom is somewhere I can go and relax and soak in a warm tub.
I deep clean the bathroom to the point that I only have to do quick cleanings during the week. For example, I clean the toilet often, but I don’t scrub the baseboards that often. So if you really need to do a deep cleaning of the bathroom, below are the things you need to do. You can also download a printable cleaning checklist. Here is the .doc version of the bathroom cleaning checklist. You can edit the .doc version. Here is the .pdf version of the printable bathroom cleaning checklist.
- Dust the light fixtures.
- Clean the mirror(s). Make sure you dust first or the dust will fall on the mirror.
- Scrub the baseboards.
- Check the walls for spiderwebs.
- Clean around the toilet, inside the toilet bowl, on the toilet seat, under the toilet sear, under and on top of the toilet lid, just everywhere on the toilet!
- Clean the floors.
- Clean the tile/wall in the bathtub.
- Clean the bathtub and faucet.
- Clean the shower, showerhead and knobs in the shower.
- Clean all cabinet doors and knobs.
- Clean the counter. If you really want to deep clean, organize inside drawers and cabinets.
- Clean the sink and faucet.
- Replace bath towels.
- Check soap availability in the bathroom, shower, and sinks.
- Clean the child potty if there is one. Refill baby wipes if applicable.
- Restock toilet paper.
- Clean shower curtain if needed.
- Clean windows.
- Clean shower stall door.
- Clean bathroom door and sterilize door knobs.
Am I missing anything? This is what I call deep cleaning. Now, I don’t do all those things all the time. However, I am very anal about my toilet being clean. It must stay clean. Definitely a pet peeve of mine.