Yesterday we made the move to sign up for Amazon Prime. In the past we’ve had the Amazon Prime free trial, but now we plan to pay for Amazon Prime each year for the benefits.
The reason we signed up is because we do not have cable. With Amazon Prime, you get the benefit of instant streaming of TV shows and movies. We plan to discontinue Netflix because we feel that Amazon Instant is a great replacement for Netflix since we only used Netflix for the children’s cartoons. We subscribe to Hulu Plus also, which is mainly for us. Amazon Prime members also get instant access to thousands of Kindle books.
If you haven’t been an Amazon Prime member in the last 13 months, you can sign up for a free trial. Visit the Amazon Prime Free Trial page to begin your FREE 30 day trial, or look for free trial offers when you check out and on product pages. You can cancel your free trial at any time. That is true because I have done it before!
Amazon Prime Benefits
- 2 Free Day Shipping
- Instant Streaming of Movies and TV Shows
- Access to Thousands of Kindle eBooks
- Participate in the Kindle Owner’s Lending Library. For example, The Hunger Games would be free to borrow if you are a Kindle owner and Amazon Prime member!
- You can also get $3.99 one day shipping Monday through Saturdays!
- You are also allowed to gift Amazon Prime to 4 members of your household who share the SAME address OR you can share to co-workers who use the related account.
The Amazon coupons can also be used with Amazon Prime benefits if eligible. There are usually tons of grocery coupons that you can use in the grocery department. I plan to use my Amazon Prime membership to purchase some groceries. I am not a huge fan of going to the grocery store with the kids, so if this can limit the time I have to go then great! The grocery section seems to be great in regards to cereal, toilet paper, paper towel prices, and other boxed goods.
I recommend you signing up for Amazon Prime and giving it a shot! Just think, if you cancel Netflix and sign up for Amazon Instant, you will SAVE money. Netflix $7.99 a month versus $80 an entire year for Amazon Prime.